Seeing others through different filters. Unconscious bias, everyone has it, but how did this arise? What strengthens it? And…are prejudices always detrimental or do they also have advantages? On Diversity Day, Tuesday 3rd of October, Refugee Talent Hub will facilitate a workshop about this. This interactive workshop contains the following:
Unconscious Bias: Everyone Has It, But Are You Aware Of It?
- Background information unconscious bias and the importance of DEI (Diversity, Inclusion & Equity) in awareness biases;
- The effects of unconscious bias on one’s own actions and those of others;
- Exercises to make the influence of unconscious bias more tangible and concrete;
- Actions you can take as an individual and as a team/group to raise awareness (practical tools);
- We conduct open dialogues on this subject, with room for sharing personal stories, insights and tips & tricks.
This session is meant for everyone; native Dutch professionals and professionals from other cultural backgrounds. The combination of this group is where the value of this session lies.
- If you have time and you are interested in getting some insight on your biases, we recommend you to do a Harvard Association Test of choice: https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html
- Gain awareness on your own biases, based on theory, examples, personal experiences, exercises and open conversations;
- Gain awareness and reflect on own actions and those of the environment as a result of unconscious bias;
- Get inspired and receive tips & tricks on reflecting and following up on biases, to make your environment an inclusive place.
Note: Click on the ‘add to calendar’ button after signing up.